Holiday Gift Picks from Mociun
Caitlin Mociun has been a Brooklyn design fixture since graduating from RISD with a BFA in textile design. Her Bauhaus-inspired clothing collections put her on the map, but she's now focusing on modern jewelry design, as well as curating and selling other craft-based work from her storefront in Williamsburg. We spoke with Caitlin to get her picks for a holiday gifting, as well as some insight on why her designs are hard to knock off (a perennial issue we've covered here at Dwell).
@current / @total
- Obsessed with Southwestern art and one-of-a-kind crafts, the owners of this Portland, Oregon, store explain their aesthetic in ten easy pieces.
- The ever-awesome Renegade Craft Fair touched down at Fort Mason in San Francisco last weekend, and the place was predictably chock-full of handcrafted brilliance.
- Looking for mid-century furniture? Design tomes? Earrings? An LP? Sunset Junction’s Mohawk General Store lives up to its name.
- Ten years ago, during the very first year of Dwell, we wrote about the promises of prefab.
- Business as usual for ReForm School founders Billie Lopez and Tootie Maldonado means far more than simply managing their popular Silver Lake, California, shop.
- Mike Perry knows how to fill a page--and beginning this week, he's filling a 2,800-square-foot exhibition space at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
- Considering what a blight billboards can be on the urban landscape--São Paulo banned them in 2007, as have states like Maine--especially in car-centric spot like Los Angeles, it's little…
- Instagram has created a vibrant social platform for sharing images and simply allowing millions of people to create photographs that are often more visually appealing than those typically made with a…