- Ipe, commonly known as Brazilian walnut, is a South American hardwood that is three times harder than cedar, has the same fire rating as concrete and steel, and is resistant to humidity and mildew.
- Ivy-covered houses conjure romantic thoughts of English cottages and times of yore but modern homes can benefit from a little lush greenery decoration too.
- What's better than a backyard?
- Designing an innovative house is a rite of passage for many young architects.
- To call São Paulo—the largest city in Brazil and one of the largest in the world—overwhelming is an understatement.
- For photographer Reinaldo Cóser and his family of four, the best way to deal with the sometimes-draining throb of massive São Paulo was to simply rise above.
- “Process is everything in my work,” says Michael Rupich, designer and founder of EndGrain Furniture, a woodworking studio based in Fairfield, New Jersey.
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.