The Greening of Southie
Ten years ago, realtors wouldn't have guessed they'd be selling luxury apartments based on cotton insulation and dual-flush toilets. High-end highrises are gaining environmental cred. But while we hear a lot about these beacons of sustainable living, we know little about the people who build them—ironworkers, carpenters, and masons who pour the foundation and tar the roof. The Greening of Southie is a new documentary that follows the blue collar laborers who are becoming our green collar workforce.
@current / @total
- Victorian technology has no business being the receptacle for your business. It’s time to outmode the common commode.
Stainless steel or white powdercoat finish bowl / Two-button flush / 1.0 or 1.6 gallons per flush / In-wall flush system sold separately
Vitreous china bowl and tank / Two-button flush / 0.8 or 1.6 gallons per flush
- Water efficiency is as important as ever and this weekend we take the stage not once but twice to discuss ways to be more water wise.
- When San Francisco–based architect Christi Azevedo and her partner bought an investment property in Oakland, what was billed in real estate listings as a 'detached garage' turned out to be a…
- We've just hit the ground running at the mega-show that is KBIS/IBS, and we'll have a trend report for you soon.
- Greetings from Sweden!
- Here we are with our final report from the 2011 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, held this year in Las Vegas (it's heading back to Chicago in 2012).