Graphic Designer We Love: Aaron Eiland
Last week, we declared our love for TypeToy, an online reference library of all things vintage design and typography, but who's the mastermind behind it all? Why, Aaron Eiland, that's who. When not working his magic as Fossil's senior designer, Eiland designs, designs, and designs. Many a pattern, many a line, click through to see a few of his works.
@current / @total
- Feast your eyes on half a dozen of our favorite movers and shakers in the graphic design world after the jump.
- Design Musem Zurich's current show Good Design, Good Business showcases the great graphic design from 1940-1970 of the Swiss chemical company Geigy.
- The wearable technology trend has gone gangbusters. At the 2014 International CES, electronic fitness trackers had a strong presence on the show floor. Here's a sampling.
- Though your average scented candle has all the subtlety of a marching band, when Valentine's Day hits one does occasionally want to set the mood with a bit of odoriferous firelight.
- Graphic design rarely gets better than when it's put to music and put through a screen. And few create concert posters better than Jason Munn.
- Limitations—–even in choice of wardrobe—–fuel the creative fires of Dutch master Karel Martens.
- Donerik Dela Cruz and Aaron Pou describe their business as a “design start-up in challenging times,” but since launching Autograph, a brand consulting, art direction, and graphic design…
- If movie posters are essentially advertisements to get you into the theater, the Hollywood versions splashed with matinee-idol close-ups and 100-point typefaces, then the moody, highly graphic design…