Graphic Design: 6 Names to Know Now
- Based in New York and the U.K., illustrator Debbie Powell has been charming viewers with her watercolor, ink, linocut, pencil & pen, and printmaking handiwork.
- Graphic design that looks like paper cut-outs? Check. Estonia-based illustrator and graphic designer Eiko Ojala is tricking our noggins one by one.
- The beauty certainly lies in the details for London-based French illustrator Thibaud Herem.
- What happens when you gather a fine crop of creative individuals dedicated to all things design? You get Hugo & Marie.
- We recently shared some of our favorite works by New York creative agency Hugo & Marie. Back by popular demand, ten more best-dressed selects from the firm's ever-growing portfolio.
- Last week, we declared our love for TypeToy, an online reference library of all things vintage design and typography, but who's the mastermind behind it all? Why, Aaron Eiland, that's who.
- These icon designs by San Francisco-based graphic designer Zachary Gibson for Google Play Music All Access are hitting all the right notes.
"Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design" is a book that brings a rich visual take to short narratives by Debbie Millman, current president of the AIGA and Sterling Brands. Tales of brand-name first loves and life lessons learned are told with words stiched in needlepoint, scrawled across the page, or written neatly on notecards, in chapters that engage the reader to pay as much attention to the presentation as the stories themselves. A beautiful read.