Earlier this month, the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education opened their Gimme Shelter exhibition, featuring six temporary woodland shelters that offer places of rest and respite to the visitors of the 350-acre nature preserve just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
@current / @total
- Follow the right folks on Instagram and you'll get a daily glimpse of buildings all over the world. Follow Melbourne-based architect Kevin Hui of 4site Architecture, and you'll get an education.
- For 35 years, John Cronin has safeguarded New York’s waterways, investigating dozens of pollution cases and authoring three laws to protect the Hudson River and its communities.
- Bay Area artist Lauren DiCioccio's "Remember the Times" is currently on view at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) in San Francisco.
- Project Manager Brad Liljequist chronicles the building of zHome, a ten-unit townhome in Issaquah, Washington—the first multifamily zero-energy community in the United States.
- At Dwell on Design in Los Angeles, June 20-22, a variety of onstage talks will explore an expanded notion of design that includes users of all abilities.
- This summer, the Danish Architecture Center in Copenhagen opened an exhibition celebrating the work of Pritzker Prize-winning Japanese design studio Sanaa.
- Christina Fesmire, an industrial design graduate from the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, created the "Fugle Swing." Intrigued by the swing's nod to Scandinavian bentwood design and…
- A cartoon created by the Dublin City Council aims to get kids to question and shape their environment.