Ford + Ching Comes to Oakland
It’s been a busy few months for Willard Ford and Andrea Ching. The duo launched Ford + Ching, their joint-venture furniture and design company, in June at Dwell on Design. They debuted their LA showroom earlier in the summer and now they've set up shop up north with a new sales office and sample warehouse in Oakland.
@current / @total
- In downtown Los Angeles, nonprofit worker turned design-savvy entrepreneur Willard Ford turned the historic Kim Sing Theatre into a haven for modern furniture and design, now known as…
- A desk, a loveseat, and a shelving system -- all in one single flat pack? I, too, was amazed at the clever level of reconfigurability when I saw these new pieces appear in my inbox.
- Our friends at Ford & Ching recently announced a new addition to the curated family of designers they showcase in their Los Angeles headquarters.
- Long gone is the era of single careers. In 2005, Willard Ford left the world of non-profits to follow his passion for furniture and design.
Please join FORD&CHING for the launch of their brand new interactive website. The event takes place at the FORD&CHING showroom located in the historical Kim Sing Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Expect to have a good time. Open bar provided by Izze. RSVP required to the address below.
- On November 3rd, Ford & Ching and 722 Figueroa hosted an installment of Creative Mornings at Night, a lecture series geared toward creative types.
By Yourshelf's subtle tilt drew us in. The painted steel storage and display unit is like a collection of refined cubbyholes, playful but clean and orderly. Stone Designs, a Madrid-based studio, always does such a wonderful job of making pieces that feel somehow approachable, imbued with a sense of fun. This system is modular and color customizable, so you can choose the size and look based on the space in your home and stuff to display. Available in the US at Ford + Ching.
A hot tip from our friends at Ford + Ching introduced us to the utterly lovely work of Aurelie Tu and her company, Crafted Systems. This small felt diamond bowl (as well as its complementary colleciton below) are made from interlocking pieces of 100% felted wool; Tu's signature style is offered in amazing table runners and mats, as well as a selection of rugs.