Five Open Decks
- From weekend abodes to the “homes of tomorrow,” these five great residences truly capture the prefab element at it’s finest.
- From a metal-clad prefab module in Wyoming to an accordion-doored home in Canada, take a breath of fresh air with these five homes that make use of expansive windows.
- Updated, transformed: These five creative renovations, from a bustling neighborhood in Singapore to a Wyoming suburb, propel the past into the present.
- Concrete: Franco-Swiss architect Le Corbusier utilized the material to build the famous Notre Dame du Haut in Ronchamp, France. The historic Tower Bridge in London contains over 70,000 tons of it.
The latest video in our Indoor Outdoor series with Western Windows takes us on a tour of The Cresta, a gorgeous 5,300 sq. foot, 3-story single family home in La Jolla, San Diego. Homeowner and architect Jonathan Segal tells us about his aesthetic and design process as we get a glimpse of the beautiful home designed and constructed entirely out of cast in place on concrete and accented by floor to ceiling operable glass with large open expanses to the outdoors.
- We're hitting the road and touring the best architecture and design in the U S of A.
- Although at first glance San Diego is typically associated with beachside apartments and tile-roofed bungalows, it most definitely has a modern side.
- Stripping design to pure minimalism can mean exposing the elementary levels of color.