Five Open Decks
- We interviewed architect Sebastian Mariscal on his thoughtful, textured approach to designing with wood, for our 2014 Materials special issue.
- From a metal-clad prefab module in Wyoming to an accordion-doored home in Canada, take a breath of fresh air with these five homes that make use of expansive windows.
- Updated, transformed: These five creative renovations, from a bustling neighborhood in Singapore to a Wyoming suburb, propel the past into the present.
- Concrete: Franco-Swiss architect Le Corbusier utilized the material to build the famous Notre Dame du Haut in Ronchamp, France. The historic Tower Bridge in London contains over 70,000 tons of it.
- From weekend abodes to the “homes of tomorrow,” these five great residences truly capture the prefab element at it’s finest.
- We're hitting the road and touring the best architecture and design in the U S of A.
- Although at first glance San Diego is typically associated with beachside apartments and tile-roofed bungalows, it most definitely has a modern side.
- A look at Eero Saarinen's Womb chair, an icon of midcentury modern design.