Domestic Data Streamers: Infographics You Can Touch
- A building envelop is to a structure as our skin is to our bodies.
- We'll surely never cease to marvel at the architectural feats humans accomplished long before the age of computers, but it's nevertheless a wonder to see what we can do with digital tools at our…
- From the heart of Mesoamerica to the heart of the Big Apple, these are ten of the most famous sports stadiums of all time.
First staged in 2003, the London Design Festival is one of the world's most important annual design events. The Festival program is made up of over 300 events and exhibitions staged by hundreds of partner organizations across the design spectrum and from around the world.
- The Sound Portal is an alien black, rubberized structure home to finely tuned audio technologies aimed at delivering pure acoustic experiences to visitors in the middle of Trafalgar Square—one of the busiest and most aurally chaotic environments in London.
- Nendo’s project comprises a series of elegant chair installations appearing in various locations throughout the V&A Museum. Working in contrast to the often ornate museum surrounding, the studio has created a simple chair archetype made from pressed and punched metal which has been finished in white to give it an ethereal, almost ghost-like appearance.
- Prism presents an alternative view of London, exposing unseen data flows in the capital through a sculptural, immersive interface suspended in the V&A’s uppermost cupola. The installation is an investigation into the virtual life of the city, and our own often ambiguous relationship with the data that controls our lives.
- Lastly, the British furniture and lighting producer Established & Sons has created a series of one-off benches to mark ten years of the Festival. Each one is made from a different material and designed by a different designer. This family of benches is exhibited collectively in the Italianate surroundings of the John Madejski Garden at the center of the V&A.
- Danish designer Søren Rose debuted eight pieces of his Park Avenue furniture collection for De La Espada at the London Design Festival last year, and though the line is for sale its origins…
- With all the romanticism about mid-century modernism, it's fascinating to crack open a time capsule and see how people really decorated their domestic spaces back in the mid-twentieth century: Check…
- For our third #ModernMonday Twitter chat with DesignMilk, the Whitney Museum of Art's new building project manager, Bill Maloney, joined us to talk about the museum's new structure in New York City.
- Currently on view at the Pasadena Museum of California Art is the 2010 California Design Biennial: Action/Reaction, an exhibition that highlights some the most significant and innovative designs…