The Dogs of Dwell
Is the modernist's perfect companion a fluffy pooch? For the residents of these 15 homes—spanning a renovated farmhouse in the Italian countryside to a Chicago loft filled with epicurean delights—the answer is a resounding "yes." Just for fun, we've rounded up our favorite four-legged friends gracing the pages of Dwell.
@current / @total
- A highlight of reporting "A Simple Plan," my story about the Marmol Radziner-designed prefab in Ukiah, California (in our December/January 2012 issue, and online here) was sitting down with…
- Reclaimed shipping containers are ideal nesting spots for the residents of these five homes.
- A spot to foster conviviality with passersby, a place to perch a chair and enjoy the outdoors, a threshold between inside and out, and an informal living room for neighborhoods—the porch is…
- This week, the New York Times ran a story on summer reading that recommended glossy magazines like Dwell (though we mostly print on matte paper!).
- "That rug really tied the room together," says Walter Sobchak in the Big Lebowski.
- We've featured homes from virtually every continent, in locations as far ranging as busting metropolises to serene suburbs to remote islands, with architectural programs equally as diverse.
- The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our…
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.