Dinner with Dwell & Lincoln
@current / @total
See world premieres including Bernie, starring Jack Black, Matthew McConaughey, and Shirley MacLaine and Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark co-written and produced by Festival Guest Director Guillermo del Toro and starring Katie Holmes and Guy Pearce. Enjoy special events and conversations including three nights of outdoor screenings at the Ford Amphitheatre, conversations with Julie Taymor and James Franco – who will also present the world premiere of his film The Broken Tower, and lunch talks, coffee talks, and poolside chats with some of the biggest names in indie film.
From star-studded galas with established filmmakers, to the best new work from up-and-coming artists, the LA Film Fest is a true celebration of the best in cinema.
L.A. Live / Downtown, Los Angeles from June 16th through June 26th.
- Mid-century modernism is a way of life in Palm Springs, California, and the community continually celebrates the look, feel, and style of the era.
Presentation is everything. Brooklyn Slate Company manufactures a rustic slate slab perfect for displaying cheeses at your next dinner party. They even provide a soapstone pencil to identify your cheeses your guests will be devouring.
A seated 12-course dinner may still exist in some corner of the universe, but our favorite kind of to-do is the one that keeps a host out of the kitchen. These gadgets take the work out of food prep, leaving more time to party.
- In this edition of Friday Finds, Soviet bus stops, the ultimate Mad Men drinking game, and a humorous guide on how to act at a house party.
- This Monday, Dwell co-hosted a holiday celebration of design at DDG's newly unveiled 345meatpacking condoplex in New York City.
- Halloween doesn't have to be all kitschy witches on brooms and fake cobwebs—it can be a modern and tasteful affair.
- Add these accessories to your modern home for a hint of cool blue inspiration.