Day of the Living Wall
- Botanist Patrick Blanc has been bringing the wilds of the rainforests to Parisian walls for over 30 years, most recently at the Jean Nouvel–designed Quai Branly museum.
- Not for the feint of heart, but for the green of thumb: A living wall is a vibrant way to celebrate nature in tandem with architecture.
- “Technically it’s a cinch,” Patrick Blanc says, and with a wave of the hand ticks off the ingredients needed to build a plant wall: ten-millimeter-thick waterproof PVC slabs covered…
- Architect and designer Andrés Jaque takes us on a tour of pre-modern Madrid, highlighting the spaces where progressive design is breaking the mold.
- The Pantone color for 2013 may be emerald, but we are excited about another continuing trend in a different shade of green: The living wall.
- This weekend, exhibitions are opening around the world showcasing vertical gardens and living roofs, a $2,500 car, and the best of the best in design.
- In a 180-degree turn from 2012’s spunky Tangerine Tango, the Pantone Color Institute introduced Emerald as its color of 2013 “to promote balance and harmony.” Citing…
- From a modern twist on the classic porch swing to living roofs and a breathtaking vertical garden, our Pinterest board devoted to Landscape Architecture and Outdoors is full of great design ideas.