David Zwirner Gallery's Expansion in Chelsea, New York
Showing image @current of @total
Best known for his fluorescent light installations, Dan Flavin was also an avid draftsman. This first retrospective of his drawings will include over one hundred sheets representing every phase of his career: early abstract expressionist watercolors of the 1950s, studies for light installations, portraits and landscape sketches, and pastels of sailboats from the 1980s. In addition, the exhibition will feature nearly fifty works from Flavin's personal collection of drawings, including nineteenth-century American landscapes by Hudson River School artists, Japanese drawings, and twentieth-century works by artists such as Piet Mondrian, Donald Judd, and Sol LeWitt.
- The Frieze Art Fair made quite the first impression last spring when it hopped the pond for its inaugural New York exhibition.
- The American painter Alex Katz is one of my favorites.
- From Woody Allen to Donald Judd, delicate ghost creatures to beardvertising, do take a look at what our team mustered up this week around the World Wide Web. Cheers to the long weekend!
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.
- It requires a long and dusty trek across the desert to reach Marfa,Texas.
- When Decatur, Georgia, residents Todd and Heather Dominey tasked architect architect William Carpenter of Lightroom Studio to create additional space for their growing family, they turned to the…
- Though Egg Collective opened its wood shop in Brooklyn's Navy Yard in 2011, the of-the-moment design studio has been incubating for many years.