- Eight years after construction began, this lakeside weekend home 80 miles outside Johannesburg, South Africa, received the long-awaited finishing touch that makes it an eye-catching thermal wonder.
- Did you know that red was the first color after black and white to be named?
- With a clean-lined new loft building designed by El Dorado Inc., a fleet of hip galleries, and a burgeoning creative class, Wichita is anything but plains.
- Shingle style takes on a new meaning in the following 7 modern houses that approach the genre in innovative ways.
- Cape Town, South Africa, will be the World Design Capital 2014, which is perfect timing, since the country's design scene is booming.
- Corrugated metal is a repeat offender in many modern homes. Architects love it for its affordability, availability, and durability.
- Idaho-based architect Susan Desko—previously a senior design architect for Frank Gehry—created a house built of untreated steel plate and glass that towers among the trees of its…
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.