Color Story: Blue
+ Read Article
Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance. We also think it makes for striking design accents, from vibrant cobalts to soothing navys. Click through the slideshow to see 10 inventive applications of the color.
Showing image @current of @total
- Ahead of the Brighten the Corners: Bringing Color into Your Home panel at Dwell on Design, we offer some full-spectrum inspiration from projects previously featured in the magazine.
- We recently posted a story on ways to color accent your home. Here, we delve deeper into six of the most-popular color stories for modern interiors: white, blue, green, orange, yellow, and red.
In this collection of slideshows, we explore the myriad ways color can be incorporated into a modern home.
- Shopping for the consummate art lover in your life can be a challenge, so we took inspiration from a few of the 20th century's best artworks and paired them with their modern-day gift doppelgängers.
- Just as the famed Treaty of 1814 called for peace between the United Kingdom and the United States, the large beech tree on Dieter Van Everbroeck's property harmonizes the relationship between site…
- The internationally acclaimed designer Jaime Hayon takes us on a personal tour of his newly renovated home in Valencia, Spain, offering decorating tips along the way.
- The great room—a combined living, dining, and cooking space—is one of architecture's great equalizers.
- The hexagon has been long favored in design, most often implemented in tile. Here are examples from our design archives, plus our favorite products that celebrate the motif.