- For years, Eileen and Jelle Kiesling spent much of their time in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, she as a teacher, and he as a manager for Royal Dutch Shell.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.
- Hidden on a hill overlooking Australia’s Pittwater Bay, Rob Brown’s design for the James-Robertson house happily opens itself (and its occupants) to all that Mother Nature can dish out.
- From red brick in a shingled mix to cedar cladding that stands out, these modern homes were designed to turn heads.
- From floating staircases to unique walkways, these homes know how to keep you on your toes.
- From simple signage to repurposed letterforms, take a look at how typography turns up beautifully in these homes.
- Keeping greenery in your life can prove to be a difficult task when space is limited and you reside in a jungle of the concrete variety.
- Set amongst lush greenery, these houses break from standard suburbia and make friendly neighbors with nature.