- For years, Eileen and Jelle Kiesling spent much of their time in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, she as a teacher, and he as a manager for Royal Dutch Shell.
- Taking cues from the flora, fauna, and rocky cliffs of Big Sur, California, Mickey Muennig's brand of organic architecture doesn't stop with the terrain.
- After spending the weekend at the Monterey Design Conference, we have the beautiful coast of central California at top of mind.
- Hidden on a hill overlooking Australia’s Pittwater Bay, Rob Brown’s design for the James-Robertson house happily opens itself (and its occupants) to all that Mother Nature can dish out.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.
- As architect Frank Lloyd Wright once advised his students, "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
- From red brick in a shingled mix to cedar cladding that stands out, these modern homes were designed to turn heads.
- From floating staircases to unique walkways, these homes know how to keep you on your toes.