- When space is tight, designers often eke out additional (hidden) square footage by going deep—into the walls and furnishings themselves.
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- How Superstorm Sandy helped inspire a Brooklyn prototype for more efficient temporary housing after a natural disaster.
- Disregard advice for using clean lines and minimal furnishing with limited square footage, these small spaces go bold and big, despite their diminutive sizes.
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
- From color palettes to vertical accents, we've rounded up eight proven tactics for making the most of a small space renovation.
- In the Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco, what started off as a decorating job turned into a full-blown renovation for Nicole Hollis, founder of Nicole Hollis Interior Design.