Bodleian Libraries' Chair Design Competition
@current / @total
- A new exhibition at the Museum of Arts & Design is best described as an ecosystem, says MAD's Manager of Public Programs and co-curator, Jake Yuzna.
- Sixty years ago, Danish architect Finn Juhl designed the interior of the Trusteeship Council Chamber at the United Nations headquarters in New York City.
- From Stuttgart, Germany to Iwaki City, Japan, we take a look at 15 of the most extraordinarily-designed libraries.
- Ditte Hammerstrøm is an industrial designer based in Copenhagen, Denmark who has worked with Skitsch, Erik Jorgensen, and limited editions through her Paris gallery.
- Next week, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile (also known as the Milan Furniture Fair) kicks off it in Italy's design capital, Milan.
This one weathers sun and storm with graceful pride. Its teak slats will fade silvery gray to match its powder-coated-aluminum frame.
For the first time ever, HUGO Create, a design competition by HUGO Fragrances, has launched a design contest for residents of the USA only.
The brief is to create a design inspired by your favorite American city. Whether you’re ‘Walking in Memphis’ or in a ‘New York State of Mind’, we want you to represent the city that inspires you.
Eight artists picked by the HUGO judges will win $500, and the main winner will have their design put on display in the city that inspired them. One final winner will be the design that acquires the most ‘Likes’ on Facebook, they will win the ‘People’s Choice Award’, and will also win $500.
The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM PDT - 31 December 2010
Winner Announced 31 January 2011
Oddly, when five maximal personalities collided on this project, a striking minimalist design emerged. Hugo’s interpretation picks up on the strong vanishing point created by the home’s floorboards and whatever may lurk beyond its pristine walls.