- Despite its “everything’s bigger” credo, Texas is a hotbed for reasonably sized—small even—buildings. To follow, seven homes that show the Lone Star state’s modern side.
- Texas architect Jim Poteet helped Stacey Hill, who lives in a San Antonio artists’ community, wrangle an empty steel shipping container into a playhouse, a garden retreat and a guesthouse for…
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, highlights amazing environmentally-friendly homes. See part one here.
- From a nature writer’s off-the-grid Puget Sound getaway to a Texan’s shipping container guesthouse, these retreats may inspire you to make that backyard retreat you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- These five modern table settings prove that mixed and matched seating arrangements have more fun.
- We’d like to congratulate purple—or rather its more showy cousin, orchid—for regaining the spotlight after Pantone’s 2014 color of the year announcement.
- For most of us, the dining table is second only to the kitchen island for everything from work to homework to meal time.
- A pair of crafty designers on a serious budget show that though their apartment may be short on square footage, it’s long on charm.