Best Western: Our Favorite Modern Homes in Texas
In our latest regional round-up—hope you caught our posts on New England and Belgium—we turn our attentions to Texas, an outsize state with a notorious maverick streak. From an affordable clutch of row houses in Houston to a cool-kid ranch with mid-century bones, this quintet of homes proves that when it comes to modern design, you might wanna mess with Texas.
@current / @total
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- Texas is famous for supersized everything, but these six buildings are daringly diminutive.
- Moving parts mean friction; friction means a drag on engine efficiency. Five years ago independent Austin, Texas, inventor Mike Brickley took this on as a challenge.
- Despite its “everything’s bigger” credo, Texas is a hotbed for reasonably sized—small even—buildings. To follow, seven homes that show the Lone Star state’s modern side.
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.
- Seven landscape architects across the United States explain how they mastermind inspired designs showcasing the best of their regions.
- Architect Burton Baldridge donated his services to Casis Elementary, his daughter’s large public school in Austin, Texas, to design and build an outdoor classroom that would augment an organic…