Best Houses in Los Angeles
+ Read Article
No other city in America has meant more to the development of modern residential design than Los Angeles. An adventurous population, a phalanx of great architects at mid-century and today, and a totally amenable climate have made it a hotbed of hot houses from the word 'Go'. We've checked out Portland, Oregon, in the past, but today we give it up for the best homes in LA.
Showing image @current of @total
- Hailed as the most populous city in California, Los Angeles is also a sprawling metropolitan haven.
- Although snow still covers many a garden, spring is rapidly approaching and the plans for lush landscapes are being laid.
- From Indonesia to Buenos Aires, wood is being worked into interiors and exteriors in breathtaking ways, take a look at how these five homes have made tasteful and unique statements with wood…
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- At their house and flower farm in Los Angeles’s Glassell Park, Laura Gabbert and Andrew Avery bring friends, family, and a fleet of urban gardeners together for the classic indoor-outdoor party.
- Who says libraries must be dusty, solemn affairs? Libraries of today can be big, small, architecturally-placed, temporary, or hidden away behind a rolling track door.
- The Dwell editors travel far and wide searching for the newest designs to bring into each issue. See our favorite spots and modern havens around the globe with our must-read city guides.
- With the first day of spring quickly approaching and the weather getting warmer, we've decided to pay homage to the Golden State by compiling seven of our favorite sun-kissed California homes.