The Art of the Statement Piece
Whether housed inside a tightly packed apartment or an iconic mid-century abode, an interior space usually needs that special something to complete the room. In this round, we take a look at eight standout furniture pieces that range from custom-designed angular benches to a scaly chaise lounge.
@current / @total
We love bright hues, whether the color scheme references mid-century tastes or nods to a more contemporary palette. We’ve collected six brilliant objects that work together or apart.
- A pair of interior architects with a years-in-the-making furniture collection recast an old Belgian factory as a playful family home.
- This flower shop, art gallery, and home for two looks like the simplest of cubes. Fitting it all into 1,115 square feet, however, prompted Japanese architect Makoto Tanijiri to think outside the box.
- The sculptural forms of Isamu Noguchi's tables and lamps can transform any room into a work of art.
- Dwell editor-in-chief Amanda Dameron scoured secondhand furniture purveyor Chairish to pick her favorite pieces, ranging from a walnut coffee table by design icon Jens Risom to a set of wooden…
- A pedigreed mid-century home tailor-made for its inhabitants and environs joins the Spokane Register of Historic Places.
- It's Friday the 13th, friends!
- Kitchen counters overflowing? Utensils gone awry? Return your kitchen to ship shape by taking cues from the following 10 inspiring projects from our pages.