Architects' House Museums
- Dow Chemical put Midland on the map, but architect and local scion Alden B. Dow made it the most modern town in Michigan.
- As I noted last week via the blog and Twitter, and my colleague Amanda so aptly showed in this slideshow, I was in Michigan last week.
- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- The second part of my recent Michigan trip took me to Midland to see the work of Alden B. Dow.
- Adding to our design itinerary in the Finnish capital with a whirlwind tour of the city’s vibrant furniture, industrial, and ceramics design scene.
- There are many famous structures we associate with Le Corbusier (Chandigarh in India, Villa Savoye in France, the United Nations headquarters in New York), the Saddam Hussein Sports Complex in…
- In a new book, artist Jose Dávila ponders, "How many buildings around the world have such distinctive designs that simply their outline, and nothing else, is enough to identify them?" Focusing on…
- From a striking catwalk to a glass-walled skybridge, we cover walkways and platforms the span great divides.