April 'Outdoor' Issue Preview
+ Read Article
We get our hands dirty with 9 homes that celebrate the great outdoors and nearly 50 new backyard furniture ideas for spring. From living roofs to natural pools, we cover all of your outdoor, or indoor-outdoor needs. Plus, don’t miss our exclusive interview with landscape designer Maya Lin, and a tour of Brooklyn’s first certified Passive House. Find it on newsstands now or order a digital edition. And, enjoy a sneak peek here!
Showing image @current of @total
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).
- The Dwell editors go global with 14 houses across five continents to share great design from all over the world.
- Bubbling with an electrical energy and warmed by the Mediterranean sun, Barcelona is unsurprisingly one of Europe’s liveliest destinations.
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- Perched on picturesque Echo Mountain in Phoenix, this Wendell Burnette-designed desert home featured from our Indoor Outdoor issue, comes with a pool that is "half terrace, half cool-water…
- How do you make a Brooklyn brownstone more sustainable? First, get rid of the brownstone.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- Sliding glass doors and walls take center stage in these 10 homes that seamlessly transition between indoors and out. For more indoor-outdoor design ideas, pick up a copy of our April 2013 issue.