Alejandro Sticotti's Teahouse
I met with the Argentinian architect and furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti a few months ago while he was in San Francisco, and he showed me photos he'd snapped the previous week, while on Megijima Island in Japan for the 2010 Setouchi International Art Festival. The annual festival is over now, but I thought I'd still share his images, which show the furnishings and lighting he created for a restaurant on the ground floor of a Japanese ryokan inn on Megijima, one of Japan's Inner Islands.
@current / @total
- Argentinean materials, a roiling economy, and a pinch of personal tumult served as the recipe for furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti’s Buenos Aires oasis.
- Peek inside Argentinean architect and furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti's indoor-outdoor bedroom in his cozy and modern Buenos Aires home.
- I met the artist Alex Garcia nearly a year ago (we were introduced by the architect Alejandro Sticotti, who like Garcia is a native Porteño), and since then I've stumbled onto his work in a…
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Whether the room brings the backyard in or vice versa, these dwellings mesh the beauty of the outdoors with the comfort of being inside.
- One Fall design trend that we are really loving this season is warm wood tones.
- Dwell has been out and about leading the design conversation this month.
- Easily the best stumbled-upon finds of my trip to Melbourne, Australia, was the Black Teahouse, a small structure installed at the RMIT Gallery by Terunobu Fujimori and Jun Sakaguchi.