AIA SF Design Awards 2009
San Francisco is a hotspot for incredible architecture—and this past year was no exception. Last week the American Institute of Architect’s San Francisco chapter celebrated the best of the best with their 2009 Design Awards ceremony.
@current / @total
- The International Interior Design Association Northern California Chapter threw their party of the year on March 2 to toast the 2011 IIDA NC Honor Award winners.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- From Richard Neutra's drive-in church in Orange County to Louis Kahn's New Jersey bathing pavilion, the winners of Docomomo's Modernism in America Awards—which celebrate the documentation,…
- If you’re the blaming type, you might fault Le Corbusier for making the white facade so utterly irresistible.
- Todd Goddard and Andrew Mandolene have a spring in their step since completing their restoration of the near-derelict 1957 home of architect Arthur Witthoefft, who says, “I can’t get over…
- Renovating a historic home can be daunting, but these seven remodels balance past, present, and future.
- Last week I got a sneak preview of the Oakland Museum of California, a Kevin Roche-designed museum in Oakland that's set to reopen on Saturday, May 1st.
- Visions of the future have long captivated audiences—science-fiction fans, designers, and architects alike.