8 Libraries We Love
+ Read Article
Who says libraries must be dusty, solemn affairs? Libraries of today can be big, small, architecturally-placed, temporary, or hidden away behind a rolling track door. Here we've rounded up a few samples to suit every taste from the Dwell archive.
Showing image @current of @total
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- A pair of environmentally attuned architects combined adjoining properties in a Los Angeles canyon to house their modernist menagerie.
- Arresting vistas, alluring interiors, striking architecture, and handsome furniture: all elements of the following 10 spectacular dream homes that will fill you with serious house envy.
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades.
- Hosting design competitions is one of our favorite things to do on dwell.com, and we are always overwhelmingly impressed by the rush of intelligent, inspirational, and thought-provoking ideas that…
- From a metal-clad prefab module in Wyoming to an accordion-doored home in Canada, take a breath of fresh air with these five homes that make use of expansive windows.
- You've already seen our favorites in Sydney and on Australia's southern coast. Next, take a look at four homes we love on Australia's eastern seaboard.
- I just got a wonderful new book in the mail today concerning famous archtiects and their personal collections of books.