7 Rusted Metal Facades
- A new coffee kiosk clad in reclaimed Cor-Ten steel sheet piles references local landscape and culture. It's located in Torquay, Australia, a beachside town about 60 miles south of Melbourne.
- For those that love salt in the air and sand in their hair, these seven shops and homes from the Dwell archives should have you busting out the wet suits and boards.
- Rainscreens are the modern architect's best friend. In addition to protecting structures from moisture, these application let designers experiment with an array of facade treatments.
- In the land of large mountain lodge wannabes, two California natives tuck Utah’s first LEED for Homes–rated house onto the side of Emigration Canyon.
- From wood to steel to glass to cement boards, we give you the inside track on the materials and techniques needed to make your facade sing.
- While we can all heed that age-old axiom, "Never judge a book by its cover," we're swooning over the façades of these homes.
- Have your cake and eat it (in a well-designed space), too!
- "Repurpose, refurbish, recycle" was the guiding principle for a metals broker in Ontario who harnessed his passion for–and knowledge of–industrial materials to create a new…