7 Modern Getaways
- This spring, I had the chance to visit the tiny town of Borrego Springs in the middle of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in San Diego County, California.
- In our September issue, we visited the Borrego Springs, California, home of Doug and Stacey Chapman Paton.
- A far cry from the whitewashed buildings of Mykonos, this vacation home on the Aegean island of Skiathos will make any modern design fan go Greek.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- Whether you prefer to strap on skis or lounge by the pool, these vacation homes are inspiration enough to start planning your getaway.
- I posted some of the mid-century buildings in my last Borrego Springs update, but over the course of my three days in the desert I visited a half dozen really beautiful homes.
- Now that summer is here, what better time to plan a vacation?