7 Modern Bookend Designs
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- A good sketchbook journal is always by your side, ready to take any notes and documentations of all sorts.
For those who are tickled by the sight of Trellick Tower, who get giddy when the Gherkin comes into view, or whose hearts beat for Battersea, these powder-coated steel bookends by Susan Bradley will satisfy a little bit of London lust. We spotted them on a recent trip to the big smoke and wouldn't mind them holding up our dog-eared copies of Brit lit on a shelf at home.
- The life of a student may differ slightly from what you remember as a pupil, but even with so much technology in play, organization and great desk supplies go a long way towards success.
- In the same fashion that we are turning to locally sourced, farm to table, slow food, our aesthetics, like our stomachs, are drawn to a simpler, cleaner, and more natural way of life.
- In our September issue, Dwell editors round up the best multifunctional, compact furniture for small spaces. Here's a look at eight more products that will give you more room and more peace of mind.
Don’t let their thick skins fool you: Bananas are a delicate bunch, easily bruised on the road to ripeness. Banish the big brown soft spots with this special Split (sans ice cream) from Umbra, which will help keep your yellows mellow until you’re ready to peel.
- Put down your Kindles, New Yorkers, and head straight to MoMA to buy some books. A giant half-off sale of some 1200 titles starts today.