7 Breathtaking Glass Homes with a View
A wide expanse of glass is a classic hallmark of modern architecture, and with good reason: Walls and windows that blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces by employing glass create feelings of freedom and lightness, connect us to nature, and capture breathtaking views. To that end, we've pulled together a selection of stunning homes that are defined as much by the views their designs afford as the architectural elements themselves.
@current / @total
- As San Francisco prepares for a few showers in the next few days, we've gathered up eight of our favorite roofs we'd like to take cover under.
- Eyes are the windows to the soul. And windows? Well, they broadcast a home's soul and create a connection between private, interior and public, exterior life.
- From a metal-clad prefab module in Wyoming to an accordion-doored home in Canada, take a breath of fresh air with these five homes that make use of expansive windows.
- From a modern twist on the classic porch swing to living roofs and a breathtaking vertical garden, our Pinterest board devoted to Landscape Architecture and Outdoors is full of great design ideas.
- These four pairs of modern dwellings and their past counterparts explore the evolution of architectural styles through the ages.
- If you're lucky enough to own a home with "Neutra bones," here are six examples of how to update the mid-century feel for modern living.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows? Yes, please. Flip through our gallery of gorgeous glass houses in which windows become walls.
- Relying on local materials, local craftsmen, and the land her family has farmed for over two centuries, a New Yorker rediscovers her Midwestern roots.