7 Breathtaking Glass Homes with a View
+ Read Article
A wide expanse of glass is a classic hallmark of modern architecture, and with good reason: Walls and windows that blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces by employing glass create feelings of freedom and lightness, connect us to nature, and capture breathtaking views. To that end, we've pulled together a selection of stunning homes that are defined as much by the views their designs afford as the architectural elements themselves.
Showing image @current of @total
- As San Francisco prepares for a few showers in the next few days, we've gathered up eight of our favorite roofs we'd like to take cover under.
- Los Angeles architect Ray Kappe built a multilevel house for his family back in 1967, and the results still resonate today.
- From a metal-clad prefab module in Wyoming to an accordion-doored home in Canada, take a breath of fresh air with these five homes that make use of expansive windows.
- A dazzling display of colored windows wraps the custom-furniture-filled Venice, California, home of architect Lorcan O’Herlihy.
- These four pairs of modern dwellings and their past counterparts explore the evolution of architectural styles through the ages.
- If you're lucky enough to own a home with "Neutra bones," here are six examples of how to update the mid-century feel for modern living.
- While white may be interpreted as an absence of color, it is by no means absent of major impact when used in design.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows? Yes, please. Flip through our gallery of gorgeous glass houses in which windows become walls.