6 Sunlit Rooms We Love
There's nothing like waking up on a lazy Sunday morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and your favorite reading material, and heading to the sunniest room in the house to sip and relax in the natural light. The homeowners featured here have made architectural design decisions to create just such light-filled spaces in their homes. Click through for design inspiration or simply to daydream about that perfect Sunday morning in the sun.
@current / @total
- With a sleek prototype in Emeryville, California, under its belt, Simpatico Homes sets out to redefine prefab's cost—and footprint.
- Coffee shop and bakery owner Greg Martin kept baker’s hours to whip this chimerical Minneapolis building into a modern confection.
- Architect Jeff Sherman, of Delson or Sherman Architects, has more guts and gall than your average home renovator.
- A bright kitchen can transform a home and energize its residents as much as the day's first cup of coffee.
From urban rooftop gardens to living roofs that help homeowners save on energy costs, you'll find plenty of ideas for the final (green) frontier: the roof.
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
Editors' Picks Homes
- An inviting house in the Mexican capital draws the outside in.