6 Homes Blending Indoor and Outdoor Living Space
When you live in a climate that's right for it, there is nothing like having architectural elements that allow your indoor living to expand and blend with the outdoor space. Here, we feature six homes with huge sliding windows and doors that open the homes right up to the outdoors and let the breeze in.
@current / @total
- Now you see it, now you don't.
- Whether the room brings the backyard in or vice versa, these dwellings mesh the beauty of the outdoors with the comfort of being inside.
- Peek inside Argentinean architect and furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti's indoor-outdoor bedroom in his cozy and modern Buenos Aires home.
- Latin America's design scene is heating up, from artisan-made goods making their way to US department stores to the massive architecture projects going up in advance of the World Cup and Olympic…
- Ivy-covered houses conjure romantic thoughts of English cottages and times of yore but modern homes can benefit from a little lush greenery decoration too.
- Clinging to their precarious sloping lots, these houses rise to challenging building sites.
- Argentinean materials, a roiling economy, and a pinch of personal tumult served as the recipe for furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti’s Buenos Aires oasis.
- A layout, strategic window placement, and bright colors can help keep things cool and connected to the outdoors.