6 Concrete Homes We Love
- Built for a young family of Spartan-minded clients, architect Felix Oesch's spare, concrete prefab outside of Zurich is a marvel of clean living.
- Behind a traditional colonial in Lima, an angular house attuned to its site takes shape.
- Enric Ruiz-Geli’s firm Cloud9 designed the suburban house of the future—it also happens to be sustainable.
- The budget was nearly as tight as the space in this cheerful renovation of a 516-square-foot flat in Bratislava.
- Gregory Katz proves that three times is a charm with his trio of concrete homes, which challenge the status quo in this quiet Johannesburg suburb.
- A Marmol Radziner–designed prefab house, trucked onto a remote Northern California site, takes the pain out of the construction process.
- Architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective recently completed this 4-bedroom, 4-bath house on Lake Austin in Texas, designed for a couple with three young children.
- In 2006, architect Nathan Lee Colkitt, whose firm has designed affordable, modern housing, a challenged athletes foundation and a conceptual Cuban immigrant museum, was in search of a live/work space…