5 Prefab Desert Homes
- From prefab to site-built, and off the grid to plugged in, to follow are some of our favorite desert houses from the pages of Dwell.
- At the base of Echo Mountain in Phoenix, a geometric home by Wendell Burnette opens up to the surrounding desert landscape.
- A storied 1980 party house enters a mellower chapter of intimate gatherings filled with canapés, crooners, and cocktails.
- “The uniqueness of the horizon and the desert light encouraged everybody to try something different,” says architect Will Bruder of Phoenix, Arizona, his adopted hometown.
- A perennial subject at Dwell on Design, prefab housing takes the show floor by storm this year.
- Few climates offer the extreme heat and extreme cold (all in one day) of the desert.
- As previously looked at in Decked out Dwell invites you to once again revel in the beauty of these five stunning and spacious outdoor spaces.
- Since the very beginning of Dwell's inception, in 2000, we've had a department called My House.