5 Modern Sun Screens
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades.
- Rainscreens are the modern architect's best friend. In addition to protecting structures from moisture, these application let designers experiment with an array of facade treatments.
- Drawing on an inherited plot of land, his father’s steel company, and his brother-in-law’s architectural know-how, Motoshi Yatabe’s new house is all in the family.
- Architect Dan Rockhill tackled a tight budget and a steep slope to build a modern Midwest haven.
- Hop from island to island as we suss out spectacular modern design sited in Hawaii's idyllic tropical landscape.
- In the right hands, wooden slatted screens can become a high-design—as well as highly practical—accent in architecture, creating interest inside and outside the home.
- From the quirky home of Vancouver-based designer Omer Arbel to a minimalist family loft in Copenhagen, click through to see eight of the homes recently featured in our September issue.
- In South Carolina's Lowcountry, a contemporary house soars amid the oaks and alligators.