5 Modern Kitchen Design Inspirations Part Three
- A flat renovated by a pair of fashion insiders breathes new life into architect Moshe Safdie's iconic Habitat '67 building.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- As the long weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Architect Janet Bloomberg infused a mid-century kitchen with her 21st-century taste to create a whimsical yet thoughtful new space.
- It’s not just for stuffy tweeds; herringbone patterns have a distinct place in modern design. See how in these 8 houses, from Paris to Tokyo.
- Renovations offer accessible inspiration. After all, most folk don't tend to find themselves in circumstances where they are starting from scratch.
Internationally renowned architect Moshe Safdie will discuss his design philosophy and the evolution of his urban design concepts in an upcoming ArtTalk lecture at the National Academy. For On Invention and Fitness: Humanizing Megascale, Safdie will discuss a selection of his work from the landmark structure Habitat '67 to the recently-completed United States Institute of Peace headquarters, which is currently featured in the National Academy's exhibition Seismic Shifts. Safdie will also discuss his firm's megascale projects currently under construction in the Far East. This talk is presented as part of Seismic Shifts: 10 Visionaries in Contemporary Art and Architecture, on view at the Academy through May 5.
General Admission: $15 | Seniors & Students: $10 | Free for NA Members & Students.
www.nationalacademy.org or call 212.3369. 4880 x 201.
- 2012 is coming to a close, and to celebrate a year in modern architecture, we've collected our 12 favorite stories, one for each month. Click through for a dose of design inspiration.