5 Modern and Affordable Houses
- Proving that creative problem solving can add more gusto to a project than a large budget, these 10 houses show that cost-consciousness reaps big rewards.
- At just $167 per square foot, this high-design, low-cost barn in rural Wisconsin is an American idyll.
- By pooling their resources and giving their architect complete creative control, two busy Mexico City–based brothers built a high-design vacation home for just $70 per square foot.
Here we share product finds, homes, shops, modern design ideas and more from our magazine's popular In the Modern World section. In this month's issue we venture to a high-design hostel in Mexico City; corral items for the home under $150, $250, $500, and $1,000; journey through the mid-century modern paradise Palm Springs; and more. Find the full February 2013 issue at your local newsstand, order online, or download for your mobile device. In the meantime, flip through a sampling of the stories below.
- In honor of the summer travel season, we've collected 7 modern getaways in far-flung locations from India to New Zealand to Greece.
- Remodeling your home can come with a lengthy list of expenses and countless price tags.
- Whether you prefer to strap on skis or lounge by the pool, these vacation homes are inspiration enough to start planning your getaway.
- In a charming video tour of the February 2013 Houses We Love, spy the interiors and garden of an innovative abode built in Singapore for just $122 per square foot.