5 Fun Wall Storage Ideas
- When architects Hayes and James Slade of Slade Architecture renovated a three-story brownstone in Brooklyn for Ricky Kenig, the owner of the New York City's ubiquitous Ricky's NYC stores, and his…
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- A classic New York or Brooklyn brownstone may not be the obvious Dwell-style dwelling—at least not until an enterprising architect has opened it up for a modern renovation.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- With a little ingenuity, attics under the eaves can be transformed into bright, light living spaces.
- In these kid-friendly rooms, design is more than mere child's play.
The third evening of the 27th annual Emerging Voices lecture series, featuring Slade Architecture and UrbanLab.
New York’s Slade Architecture led by partners James Slade and Hayes Slade seeks “to develop the unique characteristics of each project” and “to engage the occupant or viewer by testing their experience/perception of the space.” Current projects include a 500,000 SF residential development in Williamsburg; a zoo renovation in Staten Island; two freestanding residences, one in China, the other in Pennsylvania; and the renovation of HELP/Family Residence Housing Complex in Brooklyn. Recently completed projects include the Barbie Store Shanghai, Aperture Foundation Headquarters, and a number of apartments and offices. Previous to the founding of Slade Architecture in 2002, James Slade was in partnership with Min Cho in Cho Slade Architecture.
- From a young couple's loft in Emeryville to a much-needed summer vacation home upgrade in Norway, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One and Two here.