5 Designers to Watch
- Offering herbal workshops, and playing host to the Trans-Pecos festival, El Cosmico is a hotel that's engaged with the community.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
- The Museum of Modern Art's Design Store has been running regionally-sourced collections in their retails shops and online.
- “It’s a mess up here.” Marcel Wanders is talking about his brain, and the necessary disorder of an open mind in design. “Philosophy is not one truth, but thousands of truths.
Three connected vases perform an understated balancing act, while cheery accent colors and pale wood nod to Nordic design.
Design duo Harry & Camilla's first collection of garden vases, Babylon, features irregular surfaces and asymmetrical forms created by computer. The vases are produced from a special type of ceramic and come in three sizes. When turned upside down they are meant to resemble the Tower of Babel by Pieter Bruegel.
- Pia Wüstenberg, a young German-Finnish designer based in London, graduated just last year from the Royal College of Art (RCA).
- Danish Crafts, an organization dedicated to launching the careers of emerging designers and sharing Denmark's design with the world, showed its latest collection at Maison&Objet.