5 Designers to Watch
- Offering herbal workshops, and playing host to the Trans-Pecos festival, El Cosmico is a hotel that's engaged with the community.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
- An innate design sensibility shines through a furniture showroom when the proprietor and her family live upstairs.
- Festooned with color and pattern, these seven designs use tile to create striking visual effects.
- Ahhh the living room, or should we say the everything room.
- The Museum of Modern Art's Design Store has been running regionally-sourced collections in their retails shops and online.
- “It’s a mess up here.” Marcel Wanders is talking about his brain, and the necessary disorder of an open mind in design. “Philosophy is not one truth, but thousands of truths.
Three connected vases perform an understated balancing act, while cheery accent colors and pale wood nod to Nordic design.