5 Cool Modern Courtyards
+ Read Article
What's better than a backyard? In these modern homes, a courtyard offers its residents the same benefits—outdoor space for hanging out and entertaining—plus the coziness that comes from enveloping walls and a view back into the living spaces. Here are some of our favorites.
@current / @total
- We published and you read. Here's part three of our series on the most popular homes ever featured in Dwell. Find 1-20 here and 21-40 here.
- For Paul and Shoko Shozi, a pair of retiring Angelenos, the goal was to shut out the neighborhood but bring in the sunny skies.
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- For outdoor dining or a private place to lounge in the sun, nothing beats a courtyard. Here are seven such spaces.
- The acclaimed Italian designers Ludovica+Roberto Palomba carve a serene retreat out of a 17th-century oil mill in Salento, filling it with custom creations and their greatest hits.
- Ciao! Grab some gnocchi and gelato as we prepare to take you on a tour of these striking homes residing in Italy.
- Spring is finally here, bringing more opportunities to hit the terrace for meals. Here are 11 of our favorite ways to set up for modern outdoor dining.
- Sliding glass doors and walls take center stage in these 10 homes that seamlessly transition between indoors and out. For more indoor-outdoor design ideas, pick up a copy of our April 2013 issue.