4 Striking East Coast Homes
- A creative twist on the traditional shingle clads a Connecticut home.
- Ten years ago, realtors wouldn't have guessed they'd be selling luxury apartments based on cotton insulation and dual-flush toilets. High-end highrises are gaining environmental cred.
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- These six homes are contemporary gems in disguise: traditional on the outside, but strikingly modern within.
- With a little ingenuity, attics under the eaves can be transformed into bright, light living spaces.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Mike McDonald, an Oakland, California–based builder, faced a common problem for Bay Area homeowners: an aesthetically pleasing, historically significant, but structurally shaky Victorian.