4 Modern American Brick Houses
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
- Brick is most often associated with traditional building styles, from Gothic to Georgian.
- These six homes are contemporary gems in disguise: traditional on the outside, but strikingly modern within.
- From wood to steel to glass to cement boards, we give you the inside track on the materials and techniques needed to make your facade sing.
- With the first day of spring quickly approaching and the weather getting warmer, we've decided to pay homage to the Golden State by compiling seven of our favorite sun-kissed California homes.
- Architecture gets expensive, so these homebuilders put their creativity to work by designing with plywood. Here's how they saved a buck on materials without looking, well, cheap.
- What constitutes good modern design in a historic district? Kansas City architecture firm Kem Studio proposes a solution that respects the past and is firmly rooted in the present.
- In honor of our just having landed at Design Week Mexico, Dwell presents a few of our favorite modern houses in the country.