12 Beautiful Bedrooms
A holding cell for clutter, a landing pad for laundry. Why is the bedroom so often an afterthought? Nowhere is modernism a more welcome aesthetic antidote than in the bedroom, where a dose of thoughtful design can mean the difference between slapdash and sanctuary. In this slideshow, we showcase a multitude of beautiful bedrooms that accomplish just that.
@current / @total
- For our first post in a series featuring inspiring, clutter-free rooms, we begin with the space that is arguably the most important to keep clear of all visual noise: the bedroom.
- In a code-happy L.A. suburb, how do you break the mold without breaking the law? Architects Alice Fung and Michael Blatt steer clear of anarchy with a little democratic design.
- A storied 1980 party house enters a mellower chapter of intimate gatherings filled with canapés, crooners, and cocktails.
- When Svetlin Krastev and Dessi Nikolova had their second child, they saw two options: Go broke buying a bigger apartment, or renovate their existing 620-square-foot home.
- The McKenzie residence sits within the grid of a commercial apple orchard, its roof and upper parts floating above the trees to echo the surrounding hills.
- Space, light, and twists on color use define this collection of some of our favorite modern living rooms from issues past.
- An affordable city-living situation need not come to an end once children are in the picture; these five family apartments show how to make it work.
- Reimagined, repurposed, and recycled, the following 8 cool solutions for your bedside should get you thinking beyond boring tables.