10 Examples of Rustic Modern Done Right
+ Read Article
On Dwell's Facebook page we recently posed the question of "Is your kitchen style more charmingly colorful or rustic modern?" and your answers were overwhelmingly on the side of rustic modern. On that note, here are our top ten examples of rustic modern done right.
Showing image @current of @total
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
- Yup, the warm metallics are still going strong. This is the trend that just won't quit, but that's ok because we love it.
- A couple takes a minimalist approach to their Brooklyn apartment, focusing on supple materials, subtle gradations of color, and custom finishes by local craftsmen.
- For a family of three in the grand old Brooklyn apartment we featured in our story Top Brass, an updated kitchen meant rich materials, a warm walnut slab, and custom woodwork by Marcus Bartenschlager…
- For most homeowners, the goal of renovating is to transform an existing space into an idealized domicile.
- Designer Barbara Hill applies her polished take on minimalism to a traditional 1920s abode in Atlanta for a transplanted Houston family.
- Whether sleek and finished or rustic and aged there is something so romantic about exposed beams.
- When a couple in Amsterdam decided to upgrade their residence from a small houseboat to a larger one, they sought a design that would elevate the kitchen—literally.