Tiny Vacation Shelters in the French Countryside
This gold-plated metal, hand made Murano glass globe was designed by Guenther Leuchtmann in 1981 for the restaurant "Le tre streghe" (The three witches) in Hamburg. We absolutely love it's unique and almost gypsy-cystal-ball-like quality.
- Site in hand, lamesadevenn began developing a design and program that would be cutting-edge and strikingly original—and of questionable feasibility.
- In "Recent Uploads" at the Appel Gallery in Berlin, designer Ronen Kadushin exhibited a series of chairs laser cut from 6-mm thick sheets of aluminum.
- Some of the coolest houses, literally and figuratively, are underground—built into the land. To see three subterranean high-design homes, click through our slideshow.
- Southern African designers showcase their wares at Cape Town's annual Design Indaba Expo.
- Swiss-born architect Charles-Édouard Jeanneret, known as Le Corbusier, is one of the most venerated figures in the 20th-century canon.
- Lately we've noticed a resurgent love affair with the lightbulb. Whether it's unique shades acting as a glowing showcase or the bare bulbs themselves, we dig this look.
- The only structure that famed architect Le Corbusier ever designed for himself has been reconstructed inside the Royal Institute of British Architects in the UK for the exhibition "Le…