Primer on Landscape Architecture
- I was very sad to learn that the design world lost a giant in the field yesterday when landscape architect Lawrence Halprin passed away at age 93.
- As a San Franciscan I'm very fortunate to live every day with the work of landscape architecture pioneer Lawrence Halprin, who passed away last October.
- “Mother Nature is too powerful to try and mimic,” says Shane Coen, whose firm is known for its minimalist approach to the residential landscape.
- We asked Charles Birnbaum to point us to five unique landscapes that we can still take a peek at. He explains: “I’ve chosen places that are either at risk or lesser known.
- The artist, designer, and architect takes us through her formative years as a maker, her dedication to environmental art, and the joys of furniture design.
- It's September in San Francisco which means that our local chapter of the American Institute of Architects is hosting its month-long festival of all things Bay Area and design: Architecture and the…
- Charles Birnbaum, founder and president of the Cultural Landscape Foundation, makes the case that historical preservationists are finally waking up to the glories of modernist landscape architecture.
- We find the architects featured in Dwell to be incredibly inspiring, but who inspires them?