We take a look at 10 of our favorite swimming pools and pool houses from over the years. Whether for recreation, exercise, or simply to beat the heat, these pools (and in some cases their surrounding structures) stand unmatched in their creative designs and aesthetics. Scroll all the way through the slideshow to see one example in quite an unexpected place.
@current / @total
- The swelter of summer is just about upon us—beat the heat with this roundup of swimming pools from issues past.
- We featured bridges, beautiful low-income housing experiments, and beachside pools in our Touring Sydney, Part 1, slideshow and it would be remiss of us not to include the Australian city's most…
- From red brick in a shingled mix to cedar cladding that stands out, these modern homes were designed to turn heads.
- Ever since the Georgian mansion from Home Alone went on the market in May, we've wondered about the other iconic houses for sale.
- From a home with an expansive coastal view to a home set steeply amidst dappled maple canopies, these and more houses are built to withstand the elements.
- In Santa Monica, California, where pools are plenty but not always eye-pleasing, Padraic Cassidy lifted one 30 inches off the ground—dramatically elevating its aesthetic appeal.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Inspired by two guys who counted all the pools in Los Angeles thanks to an elegant data visualization tool, we combed the Dwell archives for our own roundup of the best swimming pools.