A Modern Park Pavilion Rises in Dallas
- In our Modern Across America issue, we spotlighted five American cities with design scenes worth watching.
- A laser cutter or water-jet cutter can add a whimsical, decorative flourish to virtually any space. Here, from Dwell's archives, are seven creative uses of perforated metal.
- Robert Hammond has just returned from a year in Rome. While there he created an urban experiment called Chance Encounter on the Tiber, involving 100 chairs in public spaces in Italy.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
The exhibition offers insights into the design and construction of the firm’s most important works, including the celebrated Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Alexandria, Egypt, the recently completed Norwegian National Opera and Ballet in Oslo, Norway, and the planned National September 11 Memorial Museum Pavilion in New York.
- Rainscreens are the modern architect's best friend. In addition to protecting structures from moisture, these application let designers experiment with an array of facade treatments.
- This week, Snøhetta principals Craig Dykers and Kjetil Thorsen visited the City by the Bay to hint at what's in store for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art expansion.
- The architects and exhibition designers behind the National September 11 Memorial Museum offer a behind-the-scenes look before it opens next week.