Modern Homes Built Around Trees
- In the following slideshow, spy seven ways that architects and designers crafted their structures around trees.
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.
- It’s readily available, affordable, fairly sustainable, and hardy—what’s not to love about pine?
- Studio eM Design’s rammed-earth home in Corrales, New Mexico, updates the regional adobe archetype into a hallmark of sustainable design.
- The metal exteriors of these buildings range from lightly oxidized to coated in rich red layers of rust.
- From Stuttgart, Germany to Iwaki City, Japan, we take a look at 15 of the most extraordinarily-designed libraries.
- Often, the interiors of houses in Venice, California, are as free-spirited as the exteriors. Here are 7 from our archives that will remind you to embrace your inner bohemian.
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.